Experience the beautiful roots of Puerto Rico on this combination tour of culture, history, deserted beaches, a cave visit, and folklore dance!
- Most Popular
El Yunque Rainforest – Off the beaten path!
Go off the beaten path and enjoy the local cuisine and majestic rainforest of this enchanted island.
Start time: 8:00 a.m.
Duration: 8 hours
Days available: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
Maximum occupancy: 11 people; more can be accommodated upon request
Tour type: Public, walking, driving
Inclusions: Transportation, fresh fruit, parking and entrance fees
- Person (Includes Tax + Booking Fee)
Explore El Yunque on a Puerto Rico Rainforest Tour
We take you off the beaten path with a small group to enjoy a majestic rainforest and taste the local cuisine of this enchanted island. Book your tour with us and get away from the tourist traps for a unique and personal experience!
Your guide will meet you with a morning pick up from your accommodation or meeting point between 8:00am–8:30am. The first stop will be at a local fruit stand for a cultural experience and the opportunity to buy our fresh fruit for the day (included.) Here you can try the local fritters and/or a fresh fruit smoothie. After this stop, the tour will continue to the majestic rainforest.
You’ll then go off the beaten path by visiting the south side of the El Yunque rainforest for a 25-minute hike to an amazing spot called Las Tinajas! Descend here to the natural pool where you can swim, relax, or try out the rope swing above the water. For more adventure, you can follow your guide and climb further upriver and over the big rocks formations for about 15 minutes. Enjoy the waterfalls, slide down the natural water slide, or make a 40-feet foot cliff jump into the river! Your guide will prepare delicious local fresh fruits once you’ve reached the natural pool.
It’s time for lunch! We take you to the popular Luquillo Kiosko’s, where you’ll find souvenir shops and a choice of 60 different restaurants located on a strip located along the beach. Here you can taste the local flavors of Puerto Rican cuisine, fresh seafood and much more. After this stop, you will be transported back to your accommodation.
This tour is conducted in English, but can be conducted in Spanish by request.
Please note that the times below are approximate times
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. Pick up from accommodation or central meeting point Plaza Colon. Fill in our waiver form. We handle a 30-minute pickup time frame.
- 10:00 a.m. Stop at local fruit stand to buy fresh fruit for the day (included.) Try a local fritter and/or a fresh fruit smoothy (excluded.)
- 10:30-2:00 p.m. Las Tinajas rainforest experience.
- 2:15-3:45 p.m. Lunch at restaurant of choice at Luquillo Kiosko’s
- 3:45-4:15 p.m. Drive back to San Juan area.
- 4:30 p.m. Last drop off at your location.
- Participants must be physically capable of walking through steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have the balance to walk by uneven surfaces without assistance
- Pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with previous injuries, back problems or recent surgery should not participate in this tour
Dress comfortably and remember that Puerto Rico is hot and humid. The van is air-conditioned but our stops will be outside. Wear a bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and an extra pair of clothing. Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, such as tennis shoes with a good grip also work. There will be a hose to rinse off shoes once back from the hike. Bathroom facilities are available at the private parking in the rainforest.
Tour takes place rain or shine… it’s a tropical island after all. Prepare properly for any weather occasion.
You will be picked up at the address of your accommodation in the San Juan metropolitan area. Guests staying in Old San Juan or arriving on cruise ships will be picked up from central meeting point Plaza Colon, taxi stand. Your pick up and drop off location will be the same, unless requested different.