Experience the beautiful roots of Puerto Rico on this combination tour of culture, history, deserted beaches, a cave visit, and folklore dance!
Start times: +/- 10 a.m.
Duration: 4 hours
Days available: Daily – No Saturdays
Maximum occupancy: 15 people; more can be accommodated upon request
Tour type: Public, walking & driving
Walgreens at Plaza Fajardo, address: Calle Marginal, Fajardo around 10:00 a.m. From here you will follow the guide in your own vehicle to our hidden gem! We have set up this meeting point since there are no roadsigns to this hidden gem, and we will access private property that is not open to the public.
Transportation – Must have own transport to follow the guide from meeting point to rainforest
- Person (Includes Tax + Booking Fee)
Explore El Yunque off the beaten path
Do you want to experience the El Yunque Rain Forest off the beaten path and have the freedom of your own transport? If you love nature, this is a must-do!
Follow your guide in your own vehicle from meeting point to our hidden gem in the rainforest. Once arrived, let us take you on a 25 minute hike off the beaten path, to a hidden natural water park, to swing through the rain forest on ropes and shoot down a huge natural water slide into the clear pools of the river. If you like a rush, we will take you to 4 cliff jumps up to 32ft high. Besides all the fun and excitement, our tour also invites you to relax and simply enjoy the peace of nature at this very unique location.
Be prepared for this tour! Safety Requirements and Limitations:
• Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have the balance to walk by uneven surfaces without assistance.
• Pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with previous injuries, back problems or recent surgery should not participate in this tour.
Tour takes place rain or shine… it’s a tropical island after all. Prepare properly for any weather occasion.
Language: All our tours are conducted in English and when requested in Spanish.
Please note that the times below are approximate times
9:30-10:00am: Meet your guide at the central meeting point Luquillo Kiosko’s, Chevice hut #42. Address: Marginal Balneario La Monserrate Kiosko 42 unit 42, Luquillo 00773, Puerto Rico
10:00-10:30am: Arrive at destination
>2:00pm: Enjoy the rainforest experience!
Dress comfortably and remember that Puerto Rico is hot and humid. Wear a bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and an extra pair of clothing. Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work. There will be a hose to rinse off shoes once back from the hike. Bathroom facility available at the private parking in the rainforest.
- Participants must be physically capable of walking through steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have the balance to walk by uneven surfaces without assistance
- Pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with previous injuries, back problems or recent surgery should not participate in this tour
Your own transportation.
This tour is suitable for all ages.