Off the beaten path – El Yunque Rainforest!
Central Region of Puerto Rico
We take you off the beaten path with a small group (4-11 people) to enjoy the majestic rainforest and taste the local cuisine of this enchanted island. Book with us your 8-hour day tour away from the tourist traps for a unique and personal experience!
Your guide will meet you with a morning pick up from your accommodation or meeting point between 9am – 9:30am. The first stop will be at a local fruit stand for a cultural experience and to buy our fresh fruit for the day. After this stop, the tour will continue to the majestic rainforest.
We take you off the beaten path by visiting the south side of the El Yunque rainforest for a 15-minute hike to an amazing spot called Las Tinajas! Descend here to the natural pool where you can swim, relax, or try out the rope swing above the water. For more adventure, you can continue following your guide by climbing further upriver, and over the big rocks formations, for (about 15 minutes). Enjoy the waterfalls, slide down the natural water slide, or make a 40-feet foot cliff jump into the river! Your guide will prepare delicious local fresh fruits once you’ve reached the natural pool.
It’s time for lunch! We take you the well known Luquillo Kiosko’s, where you’ll find souvenir shops and a choice of 60 different restaurants located on a strip along the beach. Here you can taste the local flavors of Puerto Rican cuisine, fresh seafood and much more. After this stop, you will be transported back to your hotel.
Be prepared for this tour! Safety Requirements and Limitations:
• Participants must be physically capable of walking thru steep, rocky, muddy trails, and have the balance to walk by uneven surfaces without assistance.
• Pregnant ladies past their first trimester, persons with previous injuries, back problems or recent surgery should not participate in this tour.
– Wear a bathing suit and comfortable clothes. Bring a towel and an extra pair of clothing.
– Hiking and water shoes are strongly recommended, tennis with a good grip also work.
– Have a good breakfast before departing on tour.